“In The End, We Only Regret The Chances We Didn’t Take”
One Week and I was sold on Barcelona. Having visited for a girls trip back in 2012, I never imagined that that ‘one week’ would lead to having the opportunity to live there for one year as part of my degree at university, and what a year that turned out to be! For anyone given the opportunity during their university life to spend a year abroad – DO IT! These chances don’t come around very often, and what better way to spend a year than exploring a different country, experiencing a new culture and making new friends.
Before I knew it, my bags were packed and off I was trawling the Spanish streets for new places to eat, new spaces to explore and new running paths to venture. Needless to say, Barcelona was the beginning of my brunch obsession – and I’m yet to find somewhere that even compares to Brunch & Cake! It’s a must for any visit to the city and I promise it won’t disappoint.
1. Brunch & Cake – For the ultimate!
2. Federal Cafe – For the best savoury options in town – think eggs every style!
3. Picnic – For a sharing plate affair.
4. Travel & Cake – For when you can’t get a seat at sister, Brunch & Cake.
5. Milk – For the perfect hangover cure (Bloody Mary’s included)
6. Al Sur Cafe – For the need to satisfy a french toast craving!
7. The Benedict BCN – For the traditional done well!
8. Flax & Kale – For the ultimate healthy feast.
1. Take a picnic to Parc Guell
2. Pay a visit to the Sagrada Familia
3. Visit Casa Battlo
4. Head to Barceloneta Beach
5. Sip cocktails by the pool at The W Hotel
6. Explore El Borne (the old town)
7. Visit Camp Nou (keeps the men amongst the group happy) – try & get tickets to an FC Barca game too if you have the time!
8. Head to the beach clubs in the summer – Opium & Shoko come highly recommended but don’t head out before 2am or you’ll be the only one on the D Floor.
9. Visit the Magic Fountains
1. For smaller hidden treasures head to El Borne and explore the small streets
2. For the best high-street brands in town ramble along Passeig de Gracia (Zara & Oysho)
3. For department store havens check out El Corte Ingles
4. Foodies or not – don’t miss a trip to El Boqueria
The Habit Hunter x