‘But A Mermaid Has No Tears, & Therefore She Suffers More’
Hans Christian Andersen
1. Manfreds – The best beef tartare in town with a view of the chefs kitchen (not to be missed)
2. Geist – A real winner for me, imaginative cooking, sleek open environment
3. Restaurant Relæ – A choice of 4 or 7 dish menus (arrive empty – leave delightfully content)
4. Host – Think white walls & rustic wooden tables with fine Nordic cuisine
5. Kokkeriet – Don’t be put off by the extensive tasting menu, Kokkeriet is pure perfection from start to finish
1. Go on a Running Tour with Lena at GoRunning – Worth every penny.
2. Visit the Freetown Christiania – A self-proclaimed autonomous neighbourhood, amazing to see the ‘hippie culture’ and alternative vibe of the city.
3. Embrace your inner child at Tivoli Gardens – a magical 19th century amusement park
4. Visit The Little Mermaid – Because every tour guide says you have to.
5. Head to the Black Diamond – Okay, so seeing a public library probably isn’t top of the hit list, but it’s worth heading to see the architechtural design of the iconic building.
1. Torvehallerne – This is a MUST, a food market with everything you could wish for.
2. The Hay House – A very scandi design store.
3. Illium Bolighus – A Danish home design store spread over 3 floors, head for inspiration and wishing you could carry more home in your limited hand luggage.
4. Strøget – The world’s longest pedestrianised shopping street (need I say any more).
The Habit Hunter x